Do you sell gift cards?
- Yes, available in increments of $10, $25, $50, or $100. Click here to purchase.
Are these true to size?
- Since we sell worldwide to people who wear countless different brands that vary in actual size for a given size, we recommend checking out our size chart. Our sizes run true to our published size specs
- Click here for Mens
- Click here for Womens Elastic Waist
- Click here for Womens NON Elastic Waist
I'm interested in a "custom inseam / outseam" item but still unsure of my size? What should I do?
- We always recommend starting with a non-custom item of the same style to verify the fit before you commit to a custom even though you can still get in right if you decide to get a custom and it doesn't work. Per our published return policy (at https://boardshortworld.com/pages/return-policy) you can get a courtesy exchange on any "custom inseam / outseam" item (styles where length is the only customization). For full customs (where up to 5 components are customized) we offer a custom remake program for a small fee as described at https://boardshortworld.com/pages/custom-remakes)
- If you think you might be between sizes, feel free to order one of each of those sizes you seem to be between and see which one works best. Return one or both for a refund or store credit.
- If you are someone who has a unique need for additional hip room, rise length, leg openings etc. you can request customization to these specs as well.
- Getting a non-custom item as a starting point is a great way to see if the fit and styling is right for you. From there you can decide to either go forward with an order to customize a pair or, if you'd like, return your "try on (s) for a refund or store credit.
Returns and Exchanges
What is your return policy
- Non-sale and non-custom merchandise can be returned for your choice of Refund, Exchange or Store Credit within 30 days of shipping. Click here for complete details.
How long does it take to receive a non-custom order and how much does shipping cost ?
- Shipping times vary depending on the shipping method you select. Learn more about our current options and rates on our Shipping Information page. If you have questions about what method you need so that you can receive your order before your getaway or event, please email customer service ( email@example.com) for advice.
How long does it take to receive a custom order?
- The delivery time frame for Made-to-Order custom items = the combined total business days adding the Shipping Method days (as indicated by your selection at checkout) to Production days (an additional 7-10).
Do you ship to other countries?
Can you shorten your board shorts if you get them and they are too long?
- Yes - we offer a custom hemming service. Click here to arrange it.
Do Gift Certificates expire?
What is the difference between INseam and OUTseam?
- The INseam is that seam on the inside of the leg of shorts or pants that begins at the bottom of the garment (below the fly) and extends to the bottom of the hem
- The OUTseam is that seam on the outside of the leg of shorts or pants that begins at the top of the waistband and extends to the bottom of the hem
- click here to see images of INseam vs OUTseam
What is the difference (for women's board shorts) between lower rise, regular rise, and high rise? In general:
- Lower Rise = top of waistband approx 2.5" below your belly button
- Regular Rise = top of waistband approx 1.5" below your belly button
- High Rise = top of waistband approx 1" above your belly button
- click here to see images at our Rise Guide
How can I tell what size I am?
- For the most accurate sizing, you would want to reference your body measurements with our size chart. The size chart is accessible from any product page by clicking the "Sizing Chart" link in the header at the top of the page.
Are the women's board shorts lined?
- All of our board shorts are unlined, for "convertible" usage between land and water activities. With the exception of the lightest solid colors (aqua, baby pink, white), all are opaque - even when wet. Although you can comfortably wear them as your only bottom, most women prefer to wear something underneath. For your water activities, a bikini bottom works great as it too will dry quickly like your board shorts. And for dry-land activities like gardening, running errands, hanging out, etc. your regular undies work just fine. You will find that the satin-smooth feel of the inside of our brushed microfiber board shorts is comfortable either way.
Use + Care
Can I wear this stuff in chlorinated pools and hot tubs?
- Yes. All of our fabrics are colorfast in properly chlorinated water.
What type of fabric used to make these board shorts / pants / skirts?
- 95% of the stuff we sell is made from 100% microfiber polyester, a fabric we introduced in 2001. This fabric is awesome! Buttery soft finish from a "sanding" process, dries instantly, resists fading and shrinkage and looks as good after 1,000 washes as it did the day you received them.
Unlike tighter-fitting clothes (like yoga wear) that rely on stretch for fit, the cut of our styles is not tight fitting and reliant on a stretchy fabric for comfort . We cut every style with plenty of "ease" through the hips, thighs and legs for super-comfortable wear in your active lifestyle.
How do I wash them?
- Simple. Machine wash cold. Always a good idea to wash darks separately and use the gentle cycle. No bleach. Tumble dry low or line dry - they will air dry quickly on a line or a rack.
The Custom Manufacturing Program
I want to order a custom but I’ve never worn the XELOS or XELOSETTE Brand before. Can I buy a returnable pair to try on before I buy a non-returnable custom pair?
- Yes. It’s a great idea to try the fit before you invest in a custom. Non custom items (except on-sale merchandise) are returnable for your choice of a refund, exchange, or store credit.
Can I make changes to my order after I place it?
- Custom Orders – no.
- Non-custom - we will try to accommodate your request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order # and request and we will do our best.
Private Label + Contract Manufacturing
I want to start my own board shorts line. Can you make board shorts with my label in them?
- No. We stopped doing private label and contact manufacturing in 2005.
Do you sell your fabrics?
Walk-In Retail Storefront / Will Call for Sales, Returns, Exchanges . . .?
Can I shop at the warehouse, make an exchange there, or pick up my order there?
- No. We did walk in business in Costa Mesa, CA from 1999 until 2007 when we became a 100% online seller. Since then, we're unable to accommodate walk-in traffic at any of our warehouses.