Inseam vs Outseam
What is the difference between(TOP Photo) and ?
The INseam is that seam on the inside of the leg of shorts or pants that begins at the bottom of the garment (below the fly) and extends to the bottom of the hem
The OUTseam is that seam on the outside of the leg of shorts or pants that begins at the top of the waistband and extends to the bottom of the hem
- How do you figure out the INSEAM you're looking for?
- Just grab a ruler or some other measuring device and put on a pair of pants.
- Standing straight (standing in front of a mirror works great) - place your finger (or better yet, a piece of tape) to mark that point on your leg at which you would like the hemline of your pants to hit.
- Then, without going higher or lower on your leg, move that "mark" around to the inside of your leg - till you get to that inner seam that runs from the crotch to the bottom of your shorts or pants.
- From there, just measure up (in the direction of the fly) to where that seam ends at the crotch point.
- And there you have it - the measurement for the inseam you need for your perfect length!